SPUR — Special Projects Union Representative
Become a Local 881 SPUR
You can help other workers gain a Union voice on the job through the Local 881 UFCW SPUR program. As a Special Projects Union Representative, you can help non-union workers organize a Union at their workplace so they can gain a voice on the job and have the protection of a Union contract. Organizing non-union employees is best done by Union members working in the same industry.
- SPUR activities may include:
- Organizing non-union workers
- Coalition building
- Communication with members
- Active Ballot Club activities
- Registering members to vote
- Educating members on political and legislative issues
- Phone banking
- Attending rallies
- Distributing literature
Under the terms of your contract with your employer, if your application to become a SPUR is accepted, you can work as a SPUR for up to six months.
For more information about the Local 881 UFCW SPUR program, contact your Union Representative or call 847-294-5064 ext. 329.